Alcoholic Beverage License

  1. Finance
  2. Licensing and Taxes
  3. Business Licenses

City Hall

144 Tichenor Ave, Suite 5

LaTrice Mose

LaTrice Mose

Revenue Manager

The sale of alcoholic beverages, whether at wholesale or retail, on-premise or off-premise, within the city limits of the City of Auburn requires both a State of Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (ABC) license and a City of Auburn alcoholic beverage license. An Auburn business is required before an alcoholic beverage license can be granted. An application should first be made to the ABC board. The ABC board will forward the ABC application to the City of Auburn for consideration by the Auburn City Council. Following consideration by the city council, the City of Auburn will notify the ABC board of the applicant’s approval or denial. Note that a business must be in good standing with the City of Auburn (no taxes or license fees are past due) for an ABC application to be considered by the Auburn City Council.